Sunday 19 June 2016

Show me yours... I'll show you mine


Show me yours, I'll show you mine is an ongoing series of pairs of small etching plates. They represent encounters between two people facing each other, it's about looking and being looked at. It is inspired by psychoanalytical views on childhood understandings of sexual difference, early anatomical illustrations and Christian iconography. And also Lacan's mirror stage. With sexual and religious undertones, this series compares looking at oneself in the mirror to looking at another and the process by which looking and difference can shape the way we make sense of ourselves and our bodies.








Show me yours, I'll show you mine has been selected to take part in the Internarioal Miniprint exhibition in September in Cadaques, Spain.